STARA COVID-19 RESPONSE
In our response to Covid-19, we have been able to implement several measures to help the community through different ways such as;
- Covid-19 Awareness programs such as Hand washing and Sanitation Campaigns
- Provision of Masks
- Distribution of food through partnerships (Red Cross)
- Provision of Soaps
- Cash Tokens to Vulnerable Families
Some of the homes are faced by difficult challenges which make their lives harder, the challenges inlclude;
- Unemployment – Most of the employers stopped them to avoid contacting the virus because figures from Ministry of Health showed that Kibera was worst hit area by the pandemic.
- Health Issues – Most of the homes had hardships meeting the financial requirement needed to get the required medical attention.
- Poverty – Some homes had more members (up to 9) which makes it difficult for guardians to adequately meet their needs
- Distribution of Sanitary Towels to Vulnerable girls.